It may not be the most joyful travel experience you have in Northern France, but for families of veterans, and any grateful citizen, a visit to the World War 2 Landing Beaches in Normandy creates a lifetime of memories.
BestTrip.TV journeyed to the shores on a stormy English Channel to remember the brave souls from the UK, the US, and Canada who stormed those beaches in a last-ditch effort to free Europe and end the war. Along the Normandy coast, remnants of battlefield sites, moving war monuments and memorials and Canada's Juno Beach Centre are essential visits for families of veterans and soldiers who gave their lives, students and history buffs and anyone who understands the importance of keeping humankind's tragic lessons alive.
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Travel Unites
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- Seychelles: Amazing Summer Travel Experiences
- Places to Celebrate Britain's 'Football' Heritage
- New Museum in Denmark Celebrates the Fantastical World of Hans Christian Andersen
- New Ships Put the ‘Luxe’ in Luxury Expedition Cruising to the Remote Oceans of the World
- Miami Heats Up This Summer with Three Hotel Openings
- You’ve Missed Danube Day But You Can Still Discover Europe’s Record-Breaking River