Munich's annual extravaganza of beer halls, buxom girls in dirndls, pretzels and the best of the 'wurst' (pun intended!) actually gets underway in September. Its origins in Germany involve a wedding and a harvest festival, but now, Munich's Oktoberfest is one of the most famous multi-day parties in the world.
If you're missing Bavaria's biggest party this year, you're not out of luck yet: Germans have taken the festival's spirit of beer hall fellowship ('gemutlichkeit') and love of great German food with them where they've settled in other lands.
So the world's SECOND largest Oktoberfest might be closer than you imagine. And they don't tap the first keg until October.
So dust off your lederhosen, find your beer stein, round up a few of your best friends and celebrate one of the most famous months of the year!
Start your Trip!
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Best Personalized Travel Experience…
- Travel Unites
- Essential Tips for Booking Your Next All-Inclusive Vacation
- VIDEO: Incredible! Helicopter Quest for Emperor Penguins on the Scenic Eclipse in Antarctica
- The Bahamas "Launching" as the Next Destination for Space Tourism
- Princess Cruises Brings Back the "Love Boat"
- Windstar Debuts New, Year-Round Ship for Tahiti – With Cultural Immersion