It's the best place in the world to discover your inner Viking! Scandinavia's seagoing warriors have re-captured the world's imagination.
But Vikings were not imaginary. This culture in Norway, Sweden and Denmark built incredibly engineered, sea-worthy ships, developed sophisticated artistry, mythology… even a form of democracy – over a thousand years ago in the tough northern European climes.
And there's one place in the world you can get up close to three actual Viking ships that sailed the coasts of Scandinavia and even across the North Seas.
In the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo, Norway, three unbelievable ships have place of pride each in individual halls where they tower above visitors who stare awestruck at these incredible archeological finds. Buried as extravagant graves for a thousand years, the ships and the elaborately constructed and decorated goods inside are now real-life evidence of a fierce, heroic culture whose epic journeys as far away from Europe as Canada (hundreds of years before Christopher Columbus) continue to inspire our imagination today.
BestTrip arrived in Oslo in the Viking way, by sea, but in the lap of luxury on our Seabourn cruise of Northern Europe that re-traced Viking routes along coastal Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, across the North Sea to northern England, Scotland and the remote Scottish isles that still bear Viking place names and remains of settlements.
The Viking Ship Museum is the perfect place to salute the trailblazing, seafaring explorers who had an immense impact on Northern Europe that lasts even today.
Put Oslo and a Northern European cruise on your travel bucket list, and in the meantime, get a glimpse in this video of the phenomenal Viking ships you'll only see at the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Best Personalized Travel Experience…
- Travel Unites
- Beach Vacation Tip: What You Need to Know About Reef-Safe Sunscreen
- Four Seasons Opening A New Resort in Another Caribbean Destination
- And the Top Tourism Attraction in Europe This Year Is...
- Black Friday Travel Deals that Let You Give the Gift of Travel this Holiday Season
- "Hoppy" News: UNESCO Lists Czech Hops Landscape as World Heritage Site