It's an exclusive stretch of the Greek coast just 20 minutes south of the capital. In the 60's, this exclusive spot on the Athens Riviera was the epi-center of chic, international jet set lifestyle. And now, the Astir Beach resort area is back, an essential eastern Mediterranean destination for stylish travelers in the know.
Recapturing 60's Seaside Retro Glamour
The highlight of the rebirth of the Athens Riviera is the very first Four Seasons in Greece. The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens re-imagines the beach-side luxury of the legendary, mid-century Astir Palace.
The resort's revitalized, modernist retro-chic meets Mediterranean breeziness on 74 acres of seaside landscape, and focuses on the hallmarks of a perfect Mediterranean seaside vacation: natural light, sea views and warm Greek hospitality.
Restored to a new level of luxury for a new era, 300 airy rooms and suites, some with private pools, gaze across the Aegean Sea. And for additional space, privacy and 60's nostalgia, you can stay at the resort's ultra-exclusive garden Bungalows, originally built in the early 1960s, and now reborn with a fresh look and up-to-date amenities for today’s luxury travelers.
Bask in the suny and breeze at three pools and three private beaches; dine and socialize in half a dozen restaurants and the Avra Lounge and Terrace; shop at luxury boutiques; or nurture wellness at the fitness center and the Spa with treatments inspired by the ancient teachings of Hippocrates.
Preserving Ancient Architecture
But the historic Astir Palace is not the biggest architectural story on Astir Beach. That honor goes to the designated archeological site of the 6th century BC Temple of Apollo Zoster. The 2500+ year old temple is breathtakingly situated in the heart of the beach, right next to the sea, a protected ancient site overlooking sunseekers on the sand.
Embracing Luxury Mediterranean Beach Lifestyle
The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens restoration and re-imagining is just one feature of the re-born Astir Beach resort area, that's a complete luxury lifestyle destination with:
- the upscale Astir Marina (you know, where you can dock your yacht while you enjoy the Athenian Riveria);
- Matsuhisa, the Athens home of global Nobu culinary fame;
- SEASIDE, with Mediterranean fare including fresh fish and seafood from the globally recognized organic restaurant visionaries, Athens-based nice n easy Group, that supports sustainable, wholesome, biological cuisine sourced from regional producers;
- Astir Beach Bar, the rustic, uber-chic destination complete with crafted cocktails, and extensive Champagne and Greek wine list served in multiple lounge areas and private cabanas;
- SUNTERIA World Music Elevation Sessions, a world electronic music series debuting in the summer of 2019, with 30 events on Astir Beach from May through August hosted by global DJ's;
- Holmes Place, the Astir Beach outpost of an upscale wellness and fitness club that has other locations in chic neighborhoods in Athens, offering yoga, FloatFit, aqua fit, beach stretch and workouts as well as other contemporary spa treatments in a stylish space; and
- can't-miss curated boutiques that allow you to re-stock your supply of chic, European resort wear.
Whether you're a couple looking for romance or a relaxing break, or a family on school holidays, if you're planning a trip to Athens or a cruise departing from nearby Piraeus, don't miss the chance to book a few extra days to experience the ancient, mid-century and very contemporary luxury Greek Mediterranean lifestyle of the reborn Astir Beach and Athens Riviera.
Start Your Trip!
Photos: Four Seasons
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Best Personalized Travel Experience…
- Travel Unites
- Essential Tips for Booking Your Next All-Inclusive Vacation
- VIDEO: Incredible! Helicopter Quest for Emperor Penguins on the Scenic Eclipse in Antarctica
- The Bahamas "Launching" as the Next Destination for Space Tourism
- Princess Cruises Brings Back the "Love Boat"
- Windstar Debuts New, Year-Round Ship for Tahiti – With Cultural Immersion