It's a wine-lover's dream river cruise! The world famous wine region of Bordeaux is home to some of the most famous wines and chateaux, grands crus, towns and legends. If you've ever heard mention of Medoc, Chateau Margaux, Saint-Emilion, Cadillac, or how US President and Founding Father Thomas Jefferson became America's first wine connoisseur during his time as ambassador to France… it's long past time you visited Bordeaux.
BestTrip's luxury Uniworld river cruise began at the grand, exquisite city of Bordeaux with its magnificent 18th century cityscape, best seen from our ship docked along the 'Port de la Lune', named for its vast, crescent shape that frames the city behind it.
'Bordeaux' means 'surrounded by waters'. The region is intersected by 3 storied rivers, and unlike other river cruises that begin at one point and sail more or less straight up or down a river, in Bordeaux, our voyage takes us up and down the region's rivers, even returning occasionally to Bordeaux to start out in another direction. Many of the region's fabled towns, vineyards and chateaux are close to the riverbanks that gave birth to its legendary wines.
We were surrounded by groups of couples traveling together on a wine trip, and young couples embracing the romance of wine for their honeymoon… Traveling on a Uniworld ship purpose-built for service in France with Uniworld's signature design hotel aesthetic as well as specific nods to local French design and landscape made it feel like we were part of Bordeaux.
Watch the video for the fabulous day and night time vistas, vineyards, as well as tips about visiting French wineries and what it's like to be on a Uniworld river cruise in Bordeaux.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Best Personalized Travel Experience…
- Travel Unites
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- Hike Europe's Most Famous Ancient Trail During This Jubilee Year
- 6 Exciting Hotel Openings in Cities You'll Want to Travel to in 2022
- Better Sleep is the Travel Trend We Need Right Now
- Science Says These Are the Most Beautiful Places in the World - Are They Already on Your Travel List?
- The Good Travel News We All Need at the End of 2021: Elephants Return to Conservation Area and Eco-lodge in Cambodia