It's a wine-lover's dream river cruise! The world famous wine region of Bordeaux is home to some of the most famous wines and chateaux, grands crus, towns and legends. If you've ever heard mention of Medoc, Chateau Margaux, Saint-Emilion, Cadillac, or how US President and Founding Father Thomas Jefferson became America's first wine connoisseur during his time as ambassador to France… it's long past time you visited Bordeaux.
BestTrip's luxury Uniworld river cruise began at the grand, exquisite city of Bordeaux with its magnificent 18th century cityscape, best seen from our ship docked along the 'Port de la Lune', named for its vast, crescent shape that frames the city behind it.
'Bordeaux' means 'surrounded by waters'. The region is intersected by 3 storied rivers, and unlike other river cruises that begin at one point and sail more or less straight up or down a river, in Bordeaux, our voyage takes us up and down the region's rivers, even returning occasionally to Bordeaux to start out in another direction. Many of the region's fabled towns, vineyards and chateaux are close to the riverbanks that gave birth to its legendary wines.
We were surrounded by groups of couples traveling together on a wine trip, and young couples embracing the romance of wine for their honeymoon… Traveling on a Uniworld ship purpose-built for service in France with Uniworld's signature design hotel aesthetic as well as specific nods to local French design and landscape made it feel like we were part of Bordeaux.
Watch the video for the fabulous day and night time vistas, vineyards, as well as tips about visiting French wineries and what it's like to be on a Uniworld river cruise in Bordeaux.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Best Personalized Travel Experience…
- Travel Unites
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- Sandals Opens its Newest Resort with the 1st SkyPool Suites in Jamaica and a Return to its Roots
- Ultra-Luxury Hotel Opens in Chicago in the World’s Tallest Building Designed by a Woman
- Why Belfast is the Best Place to Experience the Legend of the Titanic
- Upgrades and Celebrations Mark the 50th Anniversary of Australia’s Architectural Icon: the Sydney Opera House
- Oceania Cruises Christens 1st New Ship in a Decade and Introduces new Wine, Spirits and Culinary Experiences