Lake Forest Travel Story

Travel Documents

Category: Before your trip

Travel Documents

Traveling Domestically: 

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) advises that everyone carry at least two forms of acceptable identification in order to board a flight, and further acknowledge that beginning on May 7, 2025, one must present a driver’s license or another form of identification that complies with the requirements of the Federal Real ID Act. Additional information can be found at 

Even with valid documentation, a traveler may be denied entry into a country since the final decision rests with the local immigration and boarder officials. Several factors including past criminal record may contribute to the decision of the local immigration official(s). Should a visa or entry not be granted, Lake Forest Travel is not responsible for lost payments made toward the contemplated trip. 

Traveling Internationally: 

If you are traveling internationally, a valid passport is required for your trip. If you do not have a passport, the passport expiration date is within 6 months of the end of your trip, or you have fewer than 2 blank passport pages, please make immediate plans to obtain or renew your passport. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have secured the appropriate travel visas for your trip. If additional visas are required for your itinerary, please ensure you have the appropriate number of blank visa pages available or make plans to renew your passport. For more information, please check with the U.S. Department of State. 

Next Steps: 

  • Check to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the end of your trip and contains the necessary blank visa pages. If necessary, please renew your passport right away. 
  • It is your responsibility to ensure that, where required, you have secured the appropriate travel visas for your trip. While you may apply directly to a local Embassy for your visa, some travelers prefer to use a visa processing service. We recommend using CIBTvisas, one of the leading visa experts with offices worldwide. For more information, please visit or call 1-800-929-2428. 
  • Complete and submit your Traveler Information Form via DocuSign (emailed to the address on file) within 14 days.
  • Talk to your physician about vaccinations and recommended medications for your expedition. You can find traveler health information at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers websites.