Who has a new furry friend because of COVID-19? Unlike the travel and hospitality industry, the pet rescue adoptions and sales soared through the roof this year; and like so many people, I was also convinced by my 10-year-old twin daughters that it was our time to add a new member to our family. We drove last month to an adorable small breeder in Indiana and picked up Chase, an 8 week old mini Aussie doodle, and my kids were right – it is the perfect moment in the midst of this chaotic era of COVID to experience lots of puppy love, walks, training mishaps and cuteness all around. Like anything else, it requires hard work, dedication and patience but it is so rewarding, especially when I see Sofia and Gabriela truly relish in this new experience. So share with us your photos of your new family member.
This new chapter in our personal life reminds me to be grateful for all the positive blessings this year – our health, our family and friends, and my Lake Forest Travel staff.
I also cannot thank you enough for your continuous support as we navigate the constant changes in the travel world. As a gentle reminder, there are many Black Friday and Cyber Monday travel promotions. To name a few, Miraval, one of the leading spa and wellness centers, is having its biggest sale of the year; Abercrombie & Kent, the pioneers of authentic luxury adventure travel, is offering a great holiday sale with 50% savings for private escapes; and yes, cruise lines will be sharing exciting news on their upcoming launches as they are preparing for their phased resumption of cruise ship passenger operations.
Feel free to reach out to us. We love to start creating those wonderful, curated experiences for you.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
- The road to luxury travel told by travel experts
- Travel Unites
- Are you looking for a travel advisor?
- Silversea. 10 years of expeditions.
- Seychelles: Amazing Summer Travel Experiences
- The One-of-a-Kind Festival that Lights Up Montreal This Fall
- River Cruising 'French Immersion'
- 8 German Words You Need to Fit in at Oktoberfest
- Exclusive! Behind the Scenes Video from the New James Bond Movie in Jamaica
- This Old Ship is the Caribbean's Great New Dive Destination